You’re going to hear now on how to get backlinks in 2020.
In reality, my site has helped rack up 203k total backlinks with the 7 strategies I’m going to share with you:
Ahrefs-backlinks from Backlinko
Let ‘s dig through the strategies correctly.
1. Become a Reporters and Bloggers Source (HARO)
2. Publish “Skyscraper”
3. Creating connections from redundant capital
4. Using Validated Content Formats to create ties
5. Publish the Ultimate Guides
6. Using Tactics and Methods for Marketed
7. Power Pages for Authority
Bonus Tactic # 1: Convert brand mentions into backlinks for consistency
Bonus Tactic # 2: Submit emails from “Feeler”
1. Become a Reporters and Bloggers Source (HARO)
This is the bargain here:
If you want to rank on Google’s first list, you need to create backlinks from news sources and blogs for authority.
(I ‘m thinking about white hat backlinks from news sites and blogs of the authorities)
Luckily, this isn’t as complicated as it seems.
Using a free tool called Help a Reporter Out (HARO) is what you need to do.
HARO, for public relations, is like Tinder.
It connects people who need sources (bloggers and journalists) to individuals who want relations and publicity (you).
And I’ve used HARO personally to build white hat backlinks from mega news sites.
No I’m not by myself. Currently, I get emails like this all the time from Backlinko readers:
To be clear: it requires effort for this approach. And it’s not always easy.
But it’s one of the Easiest ways in my experience to create high-quality backlinks on a scale.
With that, let ‘s dig into the method step-by-step.
- Register as a source first.
- Then, keep an eye out for requests that you can contribute to.
- Finally, give a Really quick and useful pitch to the reporter.
I saw a request from someone a while ago asking: “What’s the difference between web design and graphic design?” ”.
So this pitch I submitted:
And from Rasmussen.edu (DA70 website), I got this nice link:
2. Publish “Skyscraper” Content
I usually build backlinks by using “Skyscraper” from authority sites, like hubspot.com:
And amazing, the page generated 8.8K total backlinks.
As you see, many of these links are backlinks with a high quality from authority sites.
So, how to do this? Here I will show you one by one:
- search a blog or article in your field that is already performed great, by the means of links. For example, just search a keywords in your field on Google. Then find out the fist page results. It is important to know that banklinks are very important for google ranking. So it means that the results in the first google page has lots of backlinks that point to it.
- Post a new blog or article that 5 to 10 times better than what you just searched in the first page. Such as, for my instance, I create a blog that contain 188 tools evaluation on the market, which is 10 time better than the first page list (18 tools)
Well, it definitely take some time to finish this piece of work.
However, it worth it. My piece of work has been shared on social media more than 20,000 times.
and, more importantly, there more than 800 backlinks point to my website!
3.Promote your “Skyscraper” Blog or article.
So this is important to do this final step. There are hundreds of methods to finish it.
Such as promote to people that you mentioned in your blog. I had emailed all of the tools that I reviewed in my blog. Below is a template:
” Hey Sir xx,
I have spend the last month working on a big xxx Tools post. And I’m excited to let you know that (Your name) is featured in the post!
I am going to publish the post next week. Want a heads up when it goes live?
Cheers, Me “
Then several days later, I send out the second email:
” Hi xx,
The post is hot off the presses 🙂
As you will see in the guide, I was very impressed with your platform.
Regards, Me “
With that, they may retweet your blog!
3. Build Links From Outdated Resources
What does this mean and how to do this? let’s see:
- find a site in your field that is:
- Moved to a new URL
- Changed names
- Stopped offering a service
- Stopped updating a resource
- Shut down
2. after you find the old, outdated website. Then, we will point to the old, outdated URL. This is important!
Now, you need to find out all the links pointing to the page. Just put the outdated URL in a backlink checking tool.
Then check all the website that link to the outdated URLs. You want to work to the sites have the highest Domain Authority (DA).
And, let’s go to step 3.
3. Reach out and get your links.
In this step, you will reach out to all of the people that link to the old URLs.
You will suggest them their link were outdated and ask them whether they could add your link to their site.
Here is a template of the reach out email:
” title: Question about xxx.com
I was searching for some SEO Tips today and I came across your awesome article about xxx.
Anyway, I couldn’t help but notice that you mentioned BlueGlass on the page.
As you may have heard, BlueGlass recently went out of business and shut down their entire site. (https://www.xxx.com/blueglass..)
You may want to remove their URL from your article.
Here’s a screenshot of where the link is located:
Also, I recently published a visual guide to AppSofa:
Might make a nice addition to the page 🙂
Either way, keep up the awesome work!
Cheers, Me “
Done. They probably will reply you.
4. Use Content Formats Proven to Generate Links
As you may know, there are certain types of content formats tended to generate lots of backlinks:
- List Posts
- “Why” Posts
- “How to” Posts
5. Publish Ultimate Guides
You may know that the only way to move your site to the top of Google is to build lots of high quality backlinks.
Ultimate Guides is the main weapon that letting other sites link to your site.
Ultimate Guides are absolute link Magnets.
There are lots of content on a single page. For Google SEO long-form content will be perform better.
Ultimate guides cover an entire topic on a single page.
So, how to write an Ultimate guide:
- find your topic. You have to choose a popular topic without Ultimate guide or other kinds of guide yet.
2. Outline your ultimate guide. This is easy.
3. Write your ultimate guide. Make sure cover Everything in one article.
6. Use Branded Strategies and Techniques.
7. Authority Resource Pages.